I have hoped that I would be able to one day go on a trip and to a conference with the team that I work with, for a large part of my career and this weekend I was able to do both at the Made by Few Conference thanks to Envoc.
I am really glad to be a part of this team and here are a few take aways and inspirational/funny quotes from this weekend:
- When you understand the limitations you can understand how you can manipulate them.
- Its easy to make something functional but it takes time to make it usable.
- Embrace chaos.
- Quit your job...or don't...whatever.
- Dont rely on your contact list alone when looking for the "best person for the job". Diversity starts when you think past yourself and what you know.
- Hire people that you know will one day leave.
- Do what you love and the rest will work itself out.
- Dont be afraid to walk away.
- Take risks.
- Running a business isn't for everyone.